THE UNIT OWNERS ASSOCIATION OF HUNTERS BRANCH CONDOMINIUM ANNUAL MEETING
OCTOBER 17, 2012 7:30 p.m.
REGENTS PARK CLUBHOUSE
In accordance with Article II, Section 7 of the Hunters Branch Bylaws, the agenda for the Annual Meeting shall be as follows:
- Roll Call
- Proof of Notice Of Meeting
- Reading of Minutes Of Preceding Meeting
- Reports of Officers and Board of Directors
- Reports of Managing Agent, if any
- Reports of Committees
- Election or Appointment of Inspections of Election
- Election of Member of The Board of Directors
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
· Announcement of Newly Elected Board Member
Additionally, an Open Forum will be held to allow all members of the community to speak during the meeting.
If you are unable to attend the Annual Meeting, please remember to complete and return the proxy form you received via mail. A quorum of 25% of all owners, via proxy or in person attendance, is required for business to be transacted at the Annual Meeting.
Beginning Monday, September 17, 2012, Palmer Brothers Painting will be on site to power washing and painting the exterior of all of the condominium buildings in Hunters Branch.
It is estimated that work will take 10-14 days on each building. The schedule below is an ESTIMATED schedule pending ideal weather and work conditions.
LOCATION WORK DATES
2931 Deer Hollow Way September 17 – October 1
2921 Deer Hollow Way October 2 – October 17
2911 Deer Hollow Way October 18 – November 2
Garage Power Washing November 5 – November 9
During the time work is underway, you should expect some noise, Palmer Brother Painting employees working on the outside of the buildings on ladders and on lifts and occasional blocking of parking spaces or garages. While every effort will be made to minimize inconveniences to residents, your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated during this project.
THINGS YOU MUST DO:
- Remove all furniture, plants, decorations, personal items, etc. from balcony to allow the crew to properly clean and paint the balcony area. Items should remain OFF the balcony until work is complete on the ENTIRE building. Neither the Association nor Palmer Brothers Painting will be responsible for items left on balconies.
- Remove all items from garage parking spaces prior to November 5, 2012. Any items in parking spaces during garage power washing WILL get wet and your parking space will not be entirely cleaned. Neither the Association nor Palmer Brothers Painting will be responsible for items in the garage spaces. Residents will be notified of the scheduled date for the garage cleaning to allow for vehicle removal.
- Keep your windows tightly closed to prevent water from entering your home.
- Keep your curtains drawn to ensure privacy. Crews will be working at the windows and on balconies with visual access to your home.
- IMMEDIATELY report any water infiltration into your home during power washing. While we don’t anticipate any leaking, we will take action to properly caulk and seal any windows that may have issues.
- Hours of Operation are Monday-Saturday 8:00am to 5:00pm
If you have any questions regarding this project, please contact April Ludtke at 703-673-9181 or via email at email@example.com or Palmer Brothers Painting at 301-587-0100.
The planned power washing and painting project is a significant expense paid by the Hunters Branch Owners from funds reserved for building maintenance. In order to ensure the building remains in top condition and protect the investment of all owners, each owner is REQUIRED to assist in properly maintaining and using common areas and their units.
To ensure these areas are properly maintained and in compliance with the Association’s governing documents and rules and regulations, an inspection of the entire community will be performed during the week of September 10, 2012. The areas of focus during this inspection will include unit balconies, garage parking spaces and hallways.
During an initial community walk, significant violations were noted, especially related to storage in the garage parking spaces. Owners are reminded of the following rules and regulations:
Storage in Garage Parking Spaces
- No cardboard boxes, paper bags, or other bags of any kind will be allowed as storage containers.
- All items, with the exception of bicycles, wheel chairs, strollers, and collapsible shopping carts, are required to be stored in a container.
- Storage containers must be made of heavy-duty plastic (such as Rubbermaid brand) and have fasteners, which keep containers tightly closed.
- No storage container shall be deeper than the space between the wheel stop and the garage exterior wall or wider than the boundaries of that parking space.
Balconies and Patios
- Balconies and patios shall not be used for storage.
- Children’s toys or equipment shall be stored inside the Unit.
- Bicycles shall not be stored on the balconies or patios.
- Planters on balcony railings should be placed inside the balcony and not allowed to hang on the outside of the railing.
- Balconies and patios shall remain neat and attractive.
Hallways and other Common Elements (sidewalks, entrances, passages, vestibules, stairways, corridors, halls)
- No Unit Owner shall obstruct any of the Common Elements
- No Unit Owner shall place or permit anything to be placed or allow for storage in any of the Common Elements
- Common Elements shall not be used for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the premises.
- Residents are permitted to maintain appropriate decorative objects on the ledge outside of the unit.
Owners that are found to be in violation of the rules and regulations will receive a written violation notice. Please take a moment to inspect your parking space and balcony area and take action to comply with the rules and regulations. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact April Ludtke at 703-673-9181 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It has been reported to management that the elevator is building 2921 is currently out of order. Service has been called and a repair is expected today, July 19, 2012.
Please feel free to share this information with your neighbors. Additionally, please notify your neighbors that they can join the Hunters Branch Notification Email List by emailing me a request to be included.
April Ludtke, CMCA, AMS, PCAM
National Realty Partners, AAMC
365 Herndon Parkway, Suite 106
Herndon, Virginia 20170
Brothers Paving will be performing work to the concrete sidewalks and curbs throughout the Hunters Branch Condominium and Regents Park Apartment Communities on THURSDAY, MAY 24, 2012.
In order to facilitate repairs within Hunters Branch, it is required that no vehicles are parked in front of building 2931 during this time. Please move all vehicles from this area no later than 7:00am on May 24th.
Vehicles may resume parking in this area after 5:00pm.
Any vehicle parked in this area may be towed or relocated by a towing company at the vehicle owner’s expense.
If you have any questions regarding this work or the parking restrictions, please contact April Ludtke at email@example.com or by phone at 703-673-9181.
On Friday, April 27, at approximately 10:30am the Annual Fire Prevention System tests will be performed by the County of Fairfax and Virginia Sprinkler Company. This is a routine and required fire alarm test.
FIRE ALARM BELLS, HORNS AND WHISTLES WILL BE ACTIVATED DURING THE TESTS.
These alarm bells, horns and whistles may be bothersome to animals and people. Please be advised you do not have to evacuate the building during the tests. Testing will begin at approximately 10:30am and may last for several hours.
All owners are invited to attend the Board of Directors Meeting this April 18, 2012 at 7:30 pm in the Regents Park Clubhouse located at 9333 Clocktower Place Fairfax , VA 22031
Beginning February 2012 through December 7, 2012, nighttime construction work will begin for improvements to Saintsbury Drive and the Vienna Metro Station. Nighttime construction work will be performed between the hours of 9:00 pm to 7:00 am and 9:00pm to 9:00 am on Sundays and Federal holidays.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Pulte Group at 703-934-9300.
In order to facilitate a main water meter change, Falls Church Water Authority will suspend all water service to buildings 2921 and 2911 on THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2012 from approximately 9:00 am until around 3:00 pm.
PLEASE PLAN ON HAVING NO ACCESS TO WATER DURING THESE HOURS.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact National Realty Partners at 703-435-3800. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Hunters Branch will be holding its first board meeting of the year on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 7:30 pm. All owners are invited to attend this meeting. Meetings are held in the Regents Park Apartments Clubhouse located at 9333 Clocktower Place.