The planned power washing and painting project is a significant expense paid by the Hunters Branch Owners from funds reserved for building maintenance. In order to ensure the building remains in top condition and protect the investment of all owners, each owner is REQUIRED to assist in properly maintaining and using common areas and their units.
To ensure these areas are properly maintained and in compliance with the Association’s governing documents and rules and regulations, an inspection of the entire community will be performed during the week of September 10, 2012. The areas of focus during this inspection will include unit balconies, garage parking spaces and hallways.
During an initial community walk, significant violations were noted, especially related to storage in the garage parking spaces. Owners are reminded of the following rules and regulations:
Storage in Garage Parking Spaces
- No cardboard boxes, paper bags, or other bags of any kind will be allowed as storage containers.
- All items, with the exception of bicycles, wheel chairs, strollers, and collapsible shopping carts, are required to be stored in a container.
- Storage containers must be made of heavy-duty plastic (such as Rubbermaid brand) and have fasteners, which keep containers tightly closed.
- No storage container shall be deeper than the space between the wheel stop and the garage exterior wall or wider than the boundaries of that parking space.
Balconies and Patios
- Balconies and patios shall not be used for storage.
- Children’s toys or equipment shall be stored inside the Unit.
- Bicycles shall not be stored on the balconies or patios.
- Planters on balcony railings should be placed inside the balcony and not allowed to hang on the outside of the railing.
- Balconies and patios shall remain neat and attractive.
Hallways and other Common Elements (sidewalks, entrances, passages, vestibules, stairways, corridors, halls)
- No Unit Owner shall obstruct any of the Common Elements
- No Unit Owner shall place or permit anything to be placed or allow for storage in any of the Common Elements
- Common Elements shall not be used for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the premises.
- Residents are permitted to maintain appropriate decorative objects on the ledge outside of the unit.
Owners that are found to be in violation of the rules and regulations will receive a written violation notice. Please take a moment to inspect your parking space and balcony area and take action to comply with the rules and regulations. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact April Ludtke at 703-673-9181 or via email at email@example.com